Assistant Community Director
Renton, WA 98059
This is the opportunity you have been searching for, to join a growing and progressive company which invests in people.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Community Director for our beautiful apartment community located in Renton, Washington.
In collaboration with the property’s Community Director and Regional Director, the Assistant Community Director assists in the supervision of employees in the Leasing and Maintenance Departments, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, motivates and develops a team of associates, and addresses and resolves resident concerns in a timely manner.
The successful candidate for this position will possess 1-2 years of prior apartment management operations experience, and a high level of customer service experience. This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years of property management experience, ideally in residential property management and at a similar size property. Working knowledge of industry software such as Yardi and Onesite.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assists in facilitating all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations, selection and recruitment, and team development.
- Physically walks and inspects property on a daily basis, check on vacant apartments.
- Completes move-in/move-out inspections with residents.
- Assists Community Director in ensuring that market surveys are conducted on a regular basis and that competition is shopped regularly.
- Welcomes and shows prospective residents the property utilizing Company leasing techniques and expectations.
- Demonstrates leasing techniques to the leasing office team and communicate expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handle accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective resident, a resident, an internal Company team member, or a vendor.
- Communicates policy and procedure changes with community team members.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market, and seasonal trends to plan strategies to meet operational goals.
- Participate in, and assists in facilitating, regular community team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals and expectations and identify actions to achieve objectives.
- Monitors individual team member performance and provides input to assist Community Director with timely and constructive feedback.
- With a high level of focus on customer service, strives to meet resident needs and create win/win situations.
- Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicate problems to any necessary party to facilitate resolution.
- Regularly monitors resident satisfaction in person and through follow-up phone calls.
- Maintains an awareness of training resources available and encourage the development of team members.
- Consistently and effectively communicates with the Executive Vice President of Operations and relevant teams regarding property performance.
- Maintains relationships with residents, associates and vendors on a professional level at all times.
Please apply online at http://www.newstandardequities.com/#!the-careers/cw6d
New Standard Equities is an Equal Opportunity Employer