Site Manager 1
Sacramento, CA 95814
Under general direction of the Regional Site Manager, and in accordance with Asset Management principles and practices/Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) requirements and effective customer service practices: this position plans, directs, monitors, evaluates, supervises and performs a wide variety of on-site property management activities that ensure the prompt and appropriate occupancy of available units. The Site Manager 1 is responsible for accurate and full collection of rents, enforcement of lease conditions and provisions, timely initiation of eviction proceedings, inspection of rehabilitated or repaired units, timely and accurate tenant re-certification, and the maintenance of safe and sanitary property conditions; and to effectively supervise and evaluate the work of maintenance and clerical staff at the site(s). Some positions may be assigned responsibility for these functions at multiple sites/properties depending on the number of rental units at the respective sites. The Site Manager 1 position is the entry level position into management and so is responsible for fewer units and staff.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
Principles and practices of asset management and public or assisted housing administration. Public housing, and housing rehabilitation and development programs and practices. Principles and practices of managing rental property. Principles and practices of supervision, and maintenance principles as they pertain to rental housing units. Public housing laws, and agency rules, regulations, and standards.
Plan, organize, and coordinate work in a manner conducive to attaining full cooperation. Supervise the work of assigned subordinate personnel. Maintain confidentiality. Analyze, interpret data, and prepare reports. Comprehend and interpret complex rules, regulations, and laws. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the community and others contacted in the course of work. Communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing; and speak effectively before groups. Operate a personal computer using various Windows-based applications programs.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Property Management, Business Administration or related field plus 2 years related experience (preferred) OR Associates Degree plus 4 years related experience OR 6 years related experience.
The desired experience would be in the area of property management with experience in principles and practices of asset management and public or assisted housing administration, public housing, housing rehabilitation and development programs and practices, managing rental property, supervision, maintenance principles as they pertain to rental housing units, public housing laws, and agency rules, regulations, and standards. Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills are essential to this position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct the day-to-day site based management and maintenance operations of public housing development(s).
- Administers rental policies of the Authority and performs and or supervises leasing and occupancy of units.
- Collects rents and is responsible for re-examinations of tenant income and inspection of units.
- Supervises maintenance of rental units owned by the Authority.
- Coordinates and solves problems relative to the Public Housing program.
- Implements changes in Federal and State regulations.
- May represent the Authority at the local level in public relations and community affairs.
- Maintains effective tenant relations.
- Requisitions materials and supplies.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of correspondence and monthly activities and status reports.
- Undertakes special studies and assignments as directed by the Regional Site Manager.
- Responds to and resolves issues pertaining to programs. Advises Regional Site Manager, in a timely manner, on necessary actions, problems, or requirements.
- Serve as an advisor to the Regional Site Manager regarding management and operations issues and other department-wide matters.
- May review and prepare comments on proposed Federal, State and local regulations and their prospective impact on department and authority programs. May suggest alternative courses of action, as applicable.
- Assists in the development of department policies and procedures implementing Federal, State, and local directives and statutes and Authority policies, and, as applicable, procedures for department activities and programs.
- Maintains adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure the adequacy, quality, and timeliness of work.
- Holds and conducts regular staff meetings, to include the communication of and training in Authority policies.
- Responsible for departmental employee training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation. Recommends salary increases and takes disciplinary action as necessary and authorized. Approves leave requests and time cards.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Prepares budgets and monitoring budget performance
- Participates in the selection of staff.