Assistant Community Director
Lansing, MI 48901
Perform duties to assist the Community Director in the operation of assigned property which involves the processing of new leases, lease renewals, recertifications, accounting, reporting, resident services, retention activity, and achievement of financial goals, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Responsible for all aspects of leasing and marketing to local businesses and prospective residents. This includes the completion of marketing logs and other required marketing reporting.
- Conduct move in orientation with residents, and successfully renew leases for current residents in a timely manner and at the correct rate.
- Generate and review a wide range of reports to track and resolve outstanding issues relating to rent payments, rent or sewer/water delinquencies, expired leases, past due recertifications, outstanding service requests, scheduled move-ins and move-outs, compliance, maintenance status of vacant apartment homes, and operational issues. Check and respond to voice mails and emails concerning any range of community issues.
- Ensure that rent payments received on-site are promptly processed, avoiding credit adjustments. Address resident-related damages and policy violations so that proper communications occur with resident and that applicable fines and damage fees are collected.
- Propose to your supervisor increases in rent or security deposits as market conditions allow.
- Work with the PHA team and VRD to identify strategies to increase PHA voucher holders.
- Create purchase orders and verify goods are received by performing received function in the system.
- Respond to resident inquiries associated with community issues. Investigate, resolve, and follow up with residents to ensure satisfaction of concerns.
- Inspect apartment homes upon vacancy to determine compliance with requirements for deposit refunds or charges to be assessed for damage or condition of unit, or for early lease termination. Document inspection results and submit deposit disposition for processing.
- Assist to implement and execute resident activities including Monster Club, parties, training programs, and required resident service functions.
- Represent the organization to residents, prospective residents, staff, and the community and practice exceptional service to prospects and residents. Ensure that residents’ concerns and service requirements are resolved with urgency, quality, and service consistent with policy and performance expectation.
- Complete Accounting Month End and Procure to Pay checklist, other required checklists, and other administrative work for the community to include uploading documents to the Document Center.