Assistant Facilities Manager
Western National Property Management Los Angeles, CA 90028
About this job
The Assistant Facilities Manager in residential and retail properties assists with coordinating, and scheduling general apartment and facilities maintenance with maintenance associates and outside vendors. Expected to perform with minimum supervision in a manner which ensures overall customer service satisfaction and optimum property performance.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining the preventative maintenance program to maximize the useful life of all building systems, which includes elevators, escalators, freight elevators, lift systems, generators, domestic water pump systems, parking ventilation systems, boilers, HVAC (including equipment rooms and mini-split HVAC), equipment and machinery and maintain a safe environment.
- Complete minor maintenance and maintenance requests per company policy or as directed by supervisor.
- Perform repairs on apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance is to company standards for leasing and occupancy.
- Assist Facilities Manager monitoring and coordinating with vendors for fire systems functions and testing, including all annual and 5 year certification requirements
- Assist Facilities Manager with Security and Camera Monitoring vendors
- Ensure all Common Area equipment is operational and to Western National standards. This includes, but is not limited to, Common Area appliances, fitness center equipment, and water features.
- Assist Facilities Manager to monitor and coordinate with vendors all trash chutes and trash collection maintenance needs, including Retail Dock Bin.
- Assist Facilities Manager to coordinate repairs as needed for all roof access doors, building entry doors, and parking FOB system operations.
- Assist with all structural and exterior building needs/requirements for all Retail Tenants.
- Ensure all Common Area Retail Space is maintained to Western National standards.
- Recommend capital improvement projects to Facilities Manager.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity. Exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Along with the Facilities Manager, monitor safe work practices of service associates. Provide guidance to staff and inform Supervisor of training areas as necessary and/or required.
- Perform work within the approved budget.
- Assist with the inspection of the community and all common areas each morning, to detect maintenance concerns as well as completing risk assessments.
- Remain informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain an exceptional quality of living environment for our residents.
- Ensure that maintenance requests for residential and retail are completed within 24 hours.
- Coordinate make-ready operations with Facilities Manager to ensure that vacant units are prepared in accordance to the make ready protocol of the Compliance Schedule.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing services and sustaining the community.
- Purchase supplies as required through company approved vendors.
- Responsible to maintain shop area in a neat, organized and secure condition per Company policies.
- Secure, repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
- Assist and participate with on-call maintenance providing evening, weekend and holiday emergency service.
- Assist maintaining the leasing office and all recreational, common area facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager/General Manager.
- Comply with all WNPM policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in residential property management with minimum 400 units.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, with a minimum of 5 employees.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with residents, prospects, peers and management.
- Knowledge in carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, drywall repairs, masonry, appliance repairs and installation, elevators, escalators, freight elevators, lift systems, generators, domestic water pump systems, parking ventilation systems, and boilers.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess a higher knowledge of all computer programs (InSite, InOrder, InCheck, and Yardi).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Why wait? apply now @ www.wng.com