Part Time Dock Master
Los Angeles, CA 90028
The Part Time Loading Dock Master performs functions that are vital to the operation of a loading dock as it relates to deliveries, shipments, contractor access control, and general policies and procedures. Management of the parking in loading dock area for control and facilitation of delivery and contractor vehicles.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cleans and maintains the dock floor area.
- Manages the loading dock building doors for operational hours.
- Coordinates and manages delivery schedules for the dock office, retail, residential and office use.
- Communicates with residents and tenants via telephone, email, and in person to schedule move-ins, move-outs, and deliveries as required.
- Assist the janitorial service with cleaning the area.
- Facilitates, documentation and delivery of packages to appropriate entities at the project, i.e. retail tenants, and the lobby desk for all residents.
- Facilitates access for contractors and vendors.
- Monitors the operation of the loading dock.
- Directs traffic and resolves logistical/traffic/loading conflicts.
- Monitors and coordinates waste and pallet pickup with waste hauling company.
- Monitors and coordinates waste disposal policies.
- Ensures that only commercial and authorized vehicles have access to the dock area.
- Understands the needs of the tenants and priorities of the building, and helps mitigate, manage and resolve issues related to the dock in a proactive manner.
- Completes dock related reports.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi and Property Management software; must possess strong computer skills and typing ability.
- Must be available to work weekends, non-traditional holidays, on-call, or when needed due to business or emergency needs.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication. Must be able to interact and get along with others.
- Strong customer service, communication, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of loading docks.
- Traffic management skills.
- Knowledge of building tenant base.
- Strong supervisory presence.
- Knowledge of freight elevators and how they operate.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Scheduling and time management skills to support residents moving in and out.
Two (2) years general building/community security experience is strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Why wait? Apply now @ www.wng.com