GHP Management Corporation Los Angeles, CA 90017
About this job
We are looking for our next STAR Leasing Manager!
Our Leasing Manager is responsible for the marketing and leasing of apartments and townhomes to prospective residents in order to meet and/or exceed company occupancy goals and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Actively markets the apartment community through ongoing online advertisement, social media interactions and community outreach marketing.
- Responsible for preparing marketing materials based on company established templates, guidelines and promotional events.
- When applicable, manages the apartment communities"™ reputation through interactions in social media, attendance in community events
- Stays up to date on activities of comparable apartment communities.
- Stays up to date with apartment community by regularly touring model units, vacant apartment homes, community amenities as well as upkeep of curb appeal.
- Ensures compliance with company renter"™s insurance policy requirements by verification of the prospects policy and or referral to our partner insurance carrier.
- First point of contact for prospective residents calling and/or visiting the property to inquire about leasing availability.
- Follows GHP hospitality standards for prospective and current residents. (i.e. clean office, WOW fridge, green apples, Hershey"™s kisses and water)
- Completes prospective resident guest card and tours the unit available, community and related amenities.
- Maintains a consistent level of sales closings as determined by Leasing Manager/Property Manager or GHP standards.
- Ability to communicate leasing qualifications to prospective residents.
- Collects and verifies proof of income for prospective residents
- During the leasing process communicates leasing requirements and community policies to the prospective resident and follows Fair Housing Guidelines.
- Prepares and completes lease forms or agreements and collects rental deposit.
- Ensures that the "model" apartments and target apartments are ready for show by visiting them multiple times daily and communicates when units are not market ready to the Property Manager.
- Ensures he/she remains informed of current rental rates, floor plans, locations and all amenities of the property.
- Complete guest cards, send thank-you notes or emails, and follows up on every prospect.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- When necessary, provides customer service support to residents and promotes positive resident relations.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency when making appointments for future residents or prospects to visit the community and completing telephone and on site guest cards.
- Responsible for entering prospective resident"™s demographics into the company systems.
- Supervises the leasing team and managers the sales floor.
- Responsible to lease and maintain a monthly sales quota.
- Plans and discusses sales goals with leasing team.
- Responsible for the overall oversight of the Leasing Consultants sales activity, to meet or exceed individual sales goals and coaching and training where appropriate
- Creates and implements a support system for the leasing team, and a method for daily accountability of leasing activity
- Conducts weekly sales group meetings as well as individual leasing agent meetings - communication updates, goal updates and discusses/strategize for upcoming outreach and events.
- Establishes daily lease goals and reforecasts frequently to meet budgeted occupancy
- Audits files daily to ensure accuracy across all platforms (master log, DAR, OneSite and original document file)
- Ensures all lease documents are uploaded into the Property Management System resident accounts
- Maintains inventory of current and relevant marketing material(s), promotional items and staff uniforms
- Sitting with leasing associates weekly to review calls to ensure traffic conversion is met. Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Supports the Owners and the Corporate Office decisions and direction on policy and procedure
- Audits and approves leasing associates commissions, submits approved commissions with back-up to Property Manager
- Prepares and submits and Market Survey to the Property Manager*
- When required may be called upon to supervise the leasing team and assign walk in traffic to leasing consultants* *
- In the absence of the Leasing Manager prepares leasing reports such as the DAR and WSNL reports.*
- 2 or more years"™ in a Property Manager/Leasing Manager capacity within an apartment/townhome community of 300+ units. Minimum 1-year experience selling luxury apartments/townhomes
- Education: Minimum High School/GED
COMPUTER SKILLS SOFTWARE
Working knowledge of industry software such as Pop Card (digital guest card), Yardi or similar Property management software, MS Office Suite, Resident Background/credit screening service.
Proficiency in the English language both written and spoken
- Service Oriented: Actively seeks opportunity to assist others. Provides the highest level of customer service.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and reasoning to identify solutions and seeks alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communication: Communicates in detail both written and orally in a professional manner.
- Business Acumen: Communicates professionally and exhibits a sense of urgency with both internal and external customers
- Cost Consciousness: makes decisions within assigned role that are fiscally responsible.
- Sales Driven: meets and our exceeds sales goals and seeks opportunities to close on all potential residents
- This position works indoor in a climate controlled environment with low to moderate noise levels.
- The incumbent is required to sit, stand and walk frequently.
- Lifts up to 20lbs occasionally and up to 5lbs frequently.
- Must be able to listen and address complex situations
- Utilizes a computer, telephone, telecommunication devices, copiers, collates
- Interacts with the general public and holds face to face discussions.
Job Type: Full-time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace