Assistant Resident Manager I
San Jose, CA 95112
This position is for a full-time Assistant Resident Manager I at a large SRO affordable housing complex in San Jose, CA. Qualified candidates will have 1+ years of prior experience in affordable housing programs such as Tax-Credit, and thoroughly understand the recertification and filing process. Pay is between $15.87 - $20.67/hr DOE.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition 18-0059 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Assistant Resident Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in operation of the site to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness. The Assistant Property Manager takes initiative to seek solutions to problems unique to the complex and assist with employee supervision in a manner requiring minimal supervision from the Property Manager.
- Assists with Collecting Rent, Bank Deposits, Preparing and Submitting Rent Roll and Income Verification
- Monitors Work Orders and Walks the grounds Daily
- Answers Telephone, Files, Prepares Correspondence
- Assist Residents with Questions or Problems
- Assists with Evictions, Annual Inspections and Repairs
- Assist with Re-certifications; Resident Notification, Setting up Appointments, Tracking
- 1+ Year of Affordable Housing Property Management Experience
- Knowledge of HUD, TCAC, DFEH and ADA Guidelines
- Skilled in Problem Solving and Resident Relations
- Strong Computer and Phone Skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985