Mill Creek Residentail Trust
Mill Creek Residentail Trust San Jose, CA 95126
About this job
Mill Creek Residential is seeking to fill a Maintenance Manager role at a new construction class-A lease up in San Jose. This role with be responsible for helping maintain the physical condition and appearance of Modera The Alameda in accordance with operating and safety standards. This positions is responsible for leading routine work and preventative maintenance of physical features of the building(s), including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. He or she anticipates and evaluates potential problems then proactively leads the development and execution of plans to counter challenges. The Service Manager consistently strives to maintain the highest level of attention to the operational needs of the community.
- Routinely inspect community grounds and buildings to ensure safety standards and identify maintenance projects. Prioritize the repair of unsafe conditions.
- Monitor a sufficient inventory of tools, supplies, spare parts for common issues and emergency situations.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment and tools.
- Thoroughly inspect vacated apartments, document necessary renovations, and re-inspect completed units for the highest quality of work and superior presentation, adhering to the timetable.
- Respond to resident requests in a timely manner, delivering excellent customer service
- Manage all customer service requests, including prioritizations and delegation to assigned staff. Evaluate and analyze service request for community and ensure all requests are completed with excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, jobs in progress, etc.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs, and prepare maps indicating same.
- Coordinate and oversee all work of internal and external vendors and maintenance service suppliers.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and/or Community Manager in hiring, training, daily supervision, evaluation, and coaching/counseling of the service team.
- Assist in creating schedules for Service Technicians, Housekeepers, Porters, and Groundskeepers.
- Work with the Community Manager to develop, implement, and manage programs intended to control maintenance expenses.
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget in accordance with the established timeframes. Analyze budget variance and trends.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local housing laws.
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation procedures are implemented including disaster response
- HVAC Certification required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 5+ year’s multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing duties as a Service Manager.
- Must have 3-5 years of maintenance staff’s supervisory experience.
- Able to effectively communication (verbal and written), as well as read container labels.
- Able to use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as but not limited to, hand tools, power tools, moving aids, mechanical equipment, paint equipment, pool chemicals, snow and ice removal equipment.
- Valid State Issued Driver License and automobile insurance.
- General computer skills in Microsoft Office and property management based software.
- Be able to safely use chemicals, paint, and general cleaning supplies.
About Modera The Alameda
Mill Creek continues to grow its Bay Area portfolio with the development of Modera The Alameda, in San Jose, California. Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley as part of the Diridon Station Area Plan, the community features five stories of wood-framed residential apartment homes atop 18,000 square feet of ground-floor retail. This is a 168-unit community. First move-ins are anticipated for early spring 2018. The community will offer studio, 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom apartment homes ranging in size from 470 square feet to 1620 square feet, with a limited number of den and loft layouts available. Community amenities include a clubhouse, resort-inspired outdoor pool, game room, outdoor deck, sky terrace, barbecue area, a club-quality fitness center, and yoga studio. Interior features include wood-plank flooring, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, modernized cabinets and 9-foot ceilings. The community also will feature a controlled-access parking garage.