Customer Support Assistant
Equity Residential Concord, CA 94523
About this job
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Customer Support Assistants (CSAs) play an integral role as the sales support and service position at the Equity Residential apartment community. The CSA position is perfect for anyone breaking into the residential property management world, providing the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business including sales and marketing, customer service, and lease administration. The CSA helps the community achieve very satisfied residents through customer service efforts that enhance our resident relations.
As a CSA, your success will depend on your ability to learn from others, take initiative, and work in a team environment to achieve goals. You will work closely with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, and employ a diverse set of skills. CSAs bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Caring. You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Support our sales team, making it easy for them (and you) to connect with prospective residents.
- Show off our community by walking the community with a keen eye for detail, making note of areas in need of attention and communicating with our office and service team to ensure we are presenting a sparkling product to our current and prospective residents.
- Manage the application, move-in and move-out processes by guiding residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with your teammates applicants.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, ensuring compliance and organization for your office team.
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
- Collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any apartment issues that arise.
- Plan fun activities that help build a strong sense of belonging among residents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- College degree or coursework
- One year customer service and/or administrative experience in a professional environment
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan