Compliance Specialist/Affordable Housing
Burbank Housing Management Corporation Santa Rosa, CA 95404
About this job
Burbank Housing is currently accepting applications for an experienced affordable housing compliance specialist. The fundamental duties of the compliance specialist are to monitor the affordable components on all affordable apartment communities under management by Burbank Housing Management Corporation.
Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for monitoring the affordable component on all affordable apartment communities under management by Burbank Housing Management Corporation. The compliance specialist will interpret and apply HUD, Fair Housing, LIHTC and other affordable housing guidelines and regulations to oversee the new resident qualification process, re-certifications, database management and overall program compliance and resident file maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be working with confidential information regarding residents and staff. Discretion and confidentiality are mandatory qualifications. It is imperative that the person holding the position of Compliance Specialist be familiar with and become well versed in the regulatory requirements of TCAC, CalHFA, RHCP, HUD, USDA and other local governing authorities.
To apply, submit your letter of interest and resume to Burbank Housing Human Resources. The position will remain open until filled.
- Email: HR@burbankhousing.org
- Fax: (707) 636-0394
- U.S. Mail: Human Resources, 790 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects Burbank Housing's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Attend regular compliance meetings with the Assistant Director of Property Management for reporting and direction.
- Ensure compliance with all funding sources and regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, HUD; USDA; TCAC; CalHFA; HCD; and other local, State and Federal lending agencies; Limited Partners and other investors.
- Review and approve/deny new applicant files for regulatory eligibility and work with on-site staff for necessary corrections.
- Monitor continuing program compliance for all properties.
- Field inquiries from on-site staff on questions directly related to property specific compliance requirements.
- Oversee implementation of new rents, income limits, and utility allowances and distributes this information to on-site staff and site supervisors.
- Assists in preparing on-sites staff for agency file audits.
- Attend LIHTC on-site audits conducted by CTCAC agency.
- Provide compliance and Yardi Voyager software training for all on-site staff.
- Process reports to HUD, USDA, and CalHFA timely.
- Respond to all file agency audit findings.
- Responsible for Grievance and Appeal process with applicants and residents that are deemed to be over income.
- Participate in annual staff workshops on changes to regulations, Fair Housing workshops and other in-house or outsource training's.
- Assist in setting up systems of compliance record keeping and reporting.
- Assist in new rent-ups of newly opened properties.
- Demonstrates high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence and discretion.
- Perform other duties, assignments, and special projects as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made (except experience levels) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience: The nature of this position requires the candidate possess a thorough knowledge of affordable housing property management. The ideal candidate should possess global thinking skills and also be sensitive to the needs of the staff and people we serve. High School diploma required. Four years work experience in property management and/or a bachelor's degree in Business Management, Real Estate, or related field. A combination of work experience and college work may be acceptable. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to obtain a certification as an affordable housing compliance specialist from an organization recognized by Burbank Housing, including but not limited to Housing Credit College, Spectrum, or other similar organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,500.00 to $47,850.00 /year