Construction Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Construction Project Manager
Responsible for the implementation and execution of construction and renovation projects in the Decron Properties portfolio.
Reports to Director of Construction
Multi-family experience is preferred.
- Assist in the preparation of project work scopes
- Produce project budget in conformance with proposed lease terms
- Solicit competitive bids from Contractors for assigned projects
- Analyze bids for comparison of price and scope
- Prepare contract documents for execution
- Working knowledge of contracts
- Kick-off Meetings: Schedule and lead Kick-off Meetings for new projects
- Schedule and Monitor construction to insure conformance with Lease documents
- Organize cost structure
- Review and Approve project invoices.
- Quality control
A. Change Orders
- Identify and formalize changes in project
- Distribute change documents to all affected parties,
- Issue and expedite requests for review, fairness and accuracy
- Prepare documentation for change order requests and approvals
- Assemble and notify all parties of approved change orders in accordance with contract requirements
B. Weekly Construction Meetings
- Prepare agenda and documents for distribution such as schedules and logs.
- Follow through on action items.
- The duties of Project Engineers, Project Accountant, and other assigned project staff. Provide direction, prioritization, performance feedback and coordination to ensure all job duties and project requirements are fulfilled.
D. Financial Reports
- Keep all costs, commitment formations current in the company’s job-costing system
- Review monthly fee and cost status reports
- Prepare billing by assembling all costs, receiving and reviewing all invoices, organizing the documents and expediting monthly payables.
E. Document Control
- Monitor costs reports
- Weekly site tour
- Evaluation of construction activities
- Monitor testing and inspection record reports submittal log
- Record building permit inspections and sign-offs.
- Maintain request for information log
- Log in new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses and other project information
- Schedule and expedite drawings, questions/issues. Resolve all issues promptly, including – when necessary – interfacing with designers and engineers.
- 5-10 years experience with a general building contractor or with a larger development company that builds its own product.
- Ability to read and coordinate construction documents including but not limited to plans, specifications, manufacturers cut sheets of all discipliners
- Fully capable of interpreting construction documents and formulating a detailed trade scope document
- Able to prepare a complete RFP/ invitation to bid for trades and general contractor bidding
- Full understanding of the design development process and experience managing this process
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects of varying complexity
- Fully competent with the pay application process and related documents
- Experience in the field coordinating trades and problem solving
- Capable of developing construction schedules for various types of work.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.