Senior Floating/Roving Community Manager
Eden Housing Hayward, CA 94541
About this job
Under the direction of the Property Supervisor, the Senior Roving Manager is responsible for the oversight of new development and major rehabbed properties. Ensures that all residents/applicants are certified in compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by Eden Housing and its affiliates, HUD, Tax Credit, investors and other regulatory bodies. In conjunction with the Lease Up Manager, the Senior Roving Manager is responsible for assisting with the lease-up process from start to finish, inclusive of marketing efforts and ongoing reporting requirements during lease-up. Coordinates and oversees interim Property Management coverage for multiple sites during the absence of Property Manager and/or Property Manager vacancies. Provides additional support to senior property management, compliance and asset management staff on special projects relating to lease-up and rehab processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises Roving Manager Team, including any contract or temporary personnel working on the team
- Ensures property inspections are performed per Eden policy.
- Supervises all vendors, contractors, and providers of service to the property, whether paid or volunteer, to ensure completion and quality of product provided.
- Establishes a schedule for personnel to be available for emergency maintenance.
- Supervises or performs the scheduling of routine maintenance and janitorial work and completes regular follow up inspections on maintenance and janitorial work.
- Ensures preparation of preventative maintenance checklists by day, week, month or year for maintenance personnel to perform, ensures the completion of tasks on the checklists, and ensures that all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Performs continual informal inspections of the property to ensure that it is being properly maintained, that mechanical devices are in working order, and that the environment is safe and attractive.
- Inspects exterior and interior common areas of the property monthly using approved checklist.
- Performs annual or more frequent inspections of units and follows up with housekeeping letters, preparation of work orders and maintenance charge-backs to residents.
- Ensures all vacant apartment turnover procedures are followed, and that turnovers are accomplished in a timeframe and manner consistent with Eden Housing standards, and the property’s budgetary goals and limitations.
- Reviews completed and outstanding work orders. Ensures the work orders are completed in a timely manner, consistent with Eden policies and procedures.
- Prepares list of capital replacements required or anticipated, when applicable, and submits to Property Supervisor in advance of budget preparation.
- Prepares inventory of building contents, tools and equipment annually or as requested, and forwards to Property Supervisor for review.
- Bids out and selects contract services, negotiates vendor service agreements and monitors day-to-day vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement under the supervision of the Property Supervisor.
- Ensures adherence of the building and its contents to all applicable municipal and fire codes.
- Prepares written recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements, improvements, supplies, material and equipment to Property Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in outside or in-house activities, meetings, organizations, regulatory agency meetings or inspections, etc. as required by the needs of the property and as directed by the Property Supervisor to enhance the sense of community at the property and to enhance the public image of the property.
- Promotes harmonious relations among residents, staff, vendors, and persons of the larger community.
- Maintains congenial relationships with all residents, is understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic status, those with special needs, and adheres to Fair Housing, Equal Employment and Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Develops a sense of community among property residents by maintaining good resident-to-resident relationships, staff-to resident relationships, staff-to-staff relationships, and nurturing positive interactions and activities at the property.
- Ensures all site staff responds to all resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Receives work order repair requests, schedules repairs with maintenance staff, and follows up to be certain repairs were completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Manages resident evictions in compliance with court order and directions from Eden Housing’s legal counsel or Property Supervisor.
- Convenes and chairs resident meetings in accordance with Eden Housing standards and requirements.
- Coordinates with Resident Services in order to assist residents with social services needs or problems.
- Provides a resident comment and evaluation form to each resident annually. Prepares and reviews summary for submission to Property Supervisor. Acts on feedback from resident comment and evaluation form as directed by Property Supervisor.
- Develops and provides support to resident organizations, as needed and as requested by resident organization.
- Represents the property to local social service agencies and funding sources, as requested by the Property Supervisor.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the property and maintains all necessary financial records and files in good order.
- Collects rents and other monies, and ensures that all transactions are processed and inputted accurately and completely in the YARDI computer accounting system using procedures set forth by Eden Housing.
- Supervises or completes daily deposits of all monies collected.
- Reviews all delinquent accounts and resident receivables, and determines necessary course of action to collect outstanding balances in consultation with the Property Supervisor.
- On a monthly basis, compares lease information with monthly rent roll to ensure that the property security deposits, rents, move in dates, etc. are accurate.
- Utilizes purchase orders when making purchases for the property.
- Reviews the property’s monthly income and expense statement and reports any areas considered a problem to Property Supervisor.
- Provides initial draft of the annual site budget by the deadline given annually by the Property Supervisor.
- Maintains compliance within the budget during the fiscal year in order to ensure the fiscal integrity of the project under the direction of the Property Supervisor.
- Prepares monthly financial packages for submission to the Property Supervisor.
- Prepares weekly Vacancy and Delinquency Reports and submits them in a timely manner to the Eden Housing office.
- Completes a Monthly Budget Variance Report and submits it on time.
- Completes and submits to the Property Supervisor within 24 hours, any incident that occurs on the property out of the ordinary or which could become an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Adheres to all accounting and reporting procedures required by Eden Housing.
Will directly supervise four (4) staff working on Roving Manager Team. May oversee contractors providing certification processing services on lease-up projects. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employee