Floating Leasing Consultant
Equity Residential Bradley International, CA 90045
About this job
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Area Leasing Consultants are leaders in the art of bringing people and apartment homes together. They are multitalented, personable individuals with sales expertise and a passion for building relationships. Area Leasing Consultants are seasoned sales professionals with demonstrated success in providing sales leadership to the leasing team. They will be called upon to work at a number of different communities based on the needs of the portfolio; often supporting communities that are financially challenged, understaffed, and requiring a higher level of sales leadership.
As an Area Leasing Consultant, you will utilize your proven skills and knowledge to readily adapt to the unique challenges that accompany supporting a diverse portfolio of communities. You will frequently rotate between assets of varying sizes, types, ages, and conditions, adapting to nuances in the policies, marketing efforts, and renewal and retention strategies at each location. This position requires a high degree of independence, accountability, and an ability to work with varying levels of supervision. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will listen carefully to discover prospective residents’ needs, confidently recommend solutions and overcome concerns, and earn commitment by guiding new residents through the leasing process. Area Leasing Consultants bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
- A Sales Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to Leasing Consultants and Customer Support Assistants, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates throughout the portfolio in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized and Accountable. You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the multiple communities you support.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Adaptable. Understanding that solutions may vary, as does the knowledge and skill level of the communities you assist.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Detail-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying market trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations to the Community Manager.
- Connect with prospective residents through phone calls, appointments, and follow-up communications.
- Show off our community by walking the property with prospective residents and delivering a persuasive sales pitch about the benefits of living in an Equity Residential apartment home.
- Manage the leasing process by guiding new residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with applicants.
- Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, as well as rent and inventory.
- Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any leasing issues that arise.
- This is a seasonal placement for April 1 - August 30, with next assignment TBD
- Prior sales experience in leasing, retail, banking, or other related fields(s)
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and provide sales leadership and training
- College degree or coursework
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan