Assistant Community Manager
Felson Companies, Inc. Hayward, CA 94541
About this job
Assistant Community Manager needed to work with a great 4 person team overseeing the management of four (4) properties totaling 149 apartments in the North Hayward Area. The ideal candidate must be professional engaging and energetic. Candidates need significant customer service experience as well as previous multifamily property management experience with a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy environment that rewards your efforts and dedication!
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for working with the Community Manager and the Service Manager to ensure the overall effective operations of the Apartment Community, optimizing net operating income through maximizing occupancy, rents and resident retention. Additionally, the Assistant Community Manger must carry out the goals and objectives of the owner in the daily overall operations of the apartment community.
- Minimum 3 years of current multifamily property management experience.
- Solid experience with Yardi (or similar industry software) accounting functions, tenant management, purchasing and reporting
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the use of Social Media in a business setting
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Understanding of maintenance operations on an apartment community.
- Understanding of landlord tenant law to include Fair Housing Laws.
- Effective administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in order to interact effectively with prospects, residents, staff, peers and management.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, maintain current auto insurance, have reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma Required. College degree preferred. California Certified Residential Manager (CCRM) designation a plus!
Skills: Marketing - Public Relations – Communications - Accounting – Financial Analysis - Brand Management – Marketing, Sales and Customer Service - Phone Support, Face-to-Face Support - Administrative Support
Compensation: Salary and bonus depending on experience