San Diego, CA 92122
The Garden Communities Family of Properties is a leading multi-family housing owner/builder in the Southwest. We serve our residents by providing quality rental housing with superior amenities in top urban locations throughout San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and Arizona areas. We serve our employees by being focused on a work/life balance to create a positive and fun work environment.
We are currently seeking leasing consultants in the San Diego area with 2+ years' of experience in the customer service industry. The qualified candidate will exhibit a professional business image, be an effective communicator and demonstrate good business judgment and discretion. The qualified candidate will also be detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, organized, professional, and customer service focused. This position requires flexibility and ability to handle a fast-paced business environment.
- Greets and presents property to prospective residents through personal tours. Gathers prospective residents' information and needs on guest card, qualifies prospect based on needs. Conducts follow-up with prospects in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, performs leasing information calls, and assists current residents with service requests in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Completes paperwork associated with leasing activity and obtains completed application and income verification form on all sales. Process application in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares move-in packet and schedules move-in. Prepares leases and associated addendums and forms in accordance with company policies and procedures. Obtains unit keys.
- When requested, conducts resident move-ins and establishes appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents with new residents.
- Performs necessary resident retention activity including contacting current residents to obtain lease renewals and preparing several leases for resident signature.
- On a daily basis, document telephone and walk-in traffic on appropriate forms. Provide traffic, rental, cancellation, transfer and lease renewal information for weekly status report. Document and provide Property Manager and information on advertising effectiveness and make recommendations for changes.
- Gather market information monthly. Prepare reports identifying completion rental rates, concessions, promotions and property changes. Note development/changes in market area which may impact the community. Share information with on-site staff as well as with Leasing Manager and Property Manager.
- Daily open and inspect models and ready vacant units to ensure presentable in accordance with established standards. Ensure leasing center is open and ready for business on-time each day. Maintain office in a professional manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- As directed, assist in maintaining budget books.
- Assist vendors with obtaining keys to units and specific directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle resident complains in a professional, fair and consistent manner in accordance with company policies and procedures. Direct residents to Property Manager when appropriate.
- Gathers market information weekly and prepares reports identifying competition rental rates, concessions, promotions and property changes, observing development and changes in market area which may impact the community. Shares all marketing information with on-site staff, Leasing Manager, Assistant Property Manager, and Property Manager.
- Performs steps necessary to lease a Corporate Apartment including preparing and pricing of amenity packages.
- Conducts off-site marketing to obtain new business.
- To know and adhere to all Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as policies and procedures issued by company.
- Projects a professional image in accordance with company dress standards.
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity and exercises confidentiality in all areas of his or her performance.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 2+ years of property management and or customer service in a related field
- Experience in 500+ unit properties is desirable
- New Construction and Lease Up / Sales experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi and On-Site credit software
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Solid business logic and ability to analyze and prioritize tasks assigned
- Follows instructions, performs duties with minimal supervision and is a team player
- Works effectively with owner, managers and colleagues. Positive and professional attitude at all times
- This position is required to work weekends.
6 months to 1 year of related customer service experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software.
Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 10 pounds. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, open doors.
Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in a professional manner on a regular basis with prospective residents, current residents, staff, management, and co-workers within the company as well as with outside vendors. Can be part of a team. Follows instructions and responds to management's discretion. Takes constructive criticism and uses it as a learning tool.
ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY:
Is consistently at work and on time. Regularly required to work weekends.
Travel may be required within the Southern California Region.
Garden Communities offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary and bonus potential designed to recognize and reward employees with superior performance at the individual, team, and company levels.
Garden Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and Disabled.