Interstate Equities Corporation
Interstate Equities Corporation La Mesa, CA 91942
About this job
IEC is a vertically-integrated real estate investment firm specializing in value-add, multifamily in the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles markets. We focus on adding value through opportunistic investing, strategic repositioning and property management. Our property management company, IEC Property Services Corporation, strives to offer excellent customer service and care to residents while achieving property business plans. Founded in 1981, IEC has an exceptional 37 year track record and is rapidly acquiring new communities, offering growth opportunities to great team members.
IEC is looking for a skilled Porter/Maintenance Technician to work at 133-unit apartment complex located in La Mesa, California. The Porter/Maintenance Technician must have experience working in an apartment community and strong communication and follow-up skills, both with residents and other team members. The position requires the ability to be on-call in case of emergency.
- Maintaining cleanliness of property grounds and all common areas.
- Assisting with work requests for services on a daily basis and within established time frame. Work orders will include basic general unit repairs, property maintenance, electrical, painting, cleaning, appliance repair, light plumbing work, leak repair, faucet and toilet replacement, lighting system service, light bulb replacement, new fixture installation, mold removal, etc.
- Assisting with performing unit turns and unit rehabs. Duties include replacing blinds, outlet cover plates, door knobs, bathroom fixtures, closet doors, and basic unit repairs.
- Maintains order at work stations and management’s storage area. Manage inventory for basic building supplies such as light bulbs, paint, building equipment. Move boxes, supplies, furniture and equipment, within building and to off-site locations.
- Availability for on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies required.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Demonstrating customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- At least 2-3 years of working experience at an apartment community
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Customer Service Oriented and basic computer skills
Compensation: Salary $14.00-$15.00/hour DOE
IEC offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- Company paid healthcare premiums at 100%, specifically for the employee, with options to buy up
- Paid Time Off (17 days per year)
- Holidays (8 paid days per calendar year)
Job Type: Full-time