Sr HRIS Analyst
Essex Property Trust, Inc. Irvine, CA 92602
About this job
The Senior HRIS Analyst – Workday position requires a self-starter with the ability to support the implementation, ongoing maintenance, and extension of the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system at Essex Property Trust, Inc. The position provides subject matter expertise as the functional lead for assigned system modules. After the initial Workday HCM launch, this position will support testing of regularly scheduled upgrades, patches and implementation of additional Workday HCM modules. This position is based at Essex’s headquarters in Irvine, CA and reports to the Manager, HRIS.
- Provide technical and functional support for the implementation of the Workday HCM system including subject matter expertise during design sessions and leading System and User Acceptance testing to ensure deployment success and high quality.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation including training materials and training team members on system functionality.
- Lead testing of upgrades and patches including adapting new features.
- Support the planning and execution of implementing additional Workday HCM modules.
- Perform regular audits of data to identify inconsistencies and work with team members to correct data as needed.
- Support data integration efforts between HRIS and other enterprise software platforms both internal and external to the organization.
- Offer functional system maintenance in relation to other deployed HR systems (iCIMS, Success Factors, etc.).
- Create and produce system ad hoc reports based on user requirements.
- Collaborate with system vendor contacts for support and guidance.
- Up to 10% travel required.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of related HRIS experience with significant exposure to HRIS workflows, data analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with the implementation of other HRIS systems (i.e.; SAP, PeopleSoft) a plus.
- Experience in the functional support and/or implementation of Workday HCM, Payroll, Benefits, and other respective Workday modules highly preferred.
- Established understanding of HR labor practices, principles and processes.
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel (Pivot Tables, vLookup, etc.) is required.
- Self-starter with an aptitude and passion for process improvement and data analysis.
- Fast learner, ability to synthesize new processes, and able to adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service and vendor relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with attention to details.
- Highly organized to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.