Construction Services Intern
Equity Residential Boston, MA 02108
About this job
We are seeking two motivated, personable college students or graduating seniors with an interest in Construction Management for an 8-12 week summer internship. As an Intern, you will work directly with our VP of Construction Services and the Construction Services team. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will experience many facets of our business through project management, while creating a possible career path to possibly becoming a future leader of our company.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle various assigned long-term projects and tasks.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You always follow through on commitments.
- Assist in preparation of plans and specifications for capital budget projects.
- Assist with project management of capital budget projects.
- Prepare budgets for capital budget projects.
- Review change order requests.
- Organize, attend and run project meetings.
This is a paid 8-12 week internship with the following qualifications:
- Currently attending a college or university in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program.
- Interested in a career in Project Management and / or Construction Services.
- Strong communication, organizational, and multitasking skills with a sharp attention to detail and professional presence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, Excel, calendar management, software/database
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in construction preferred, but not required.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan