Barcelon Associates Management Corporation
Senior Housing Apartment Manager
Redwood City, CA 94063
We are seeking a full-time, onsite Apartment Manager for a 136-unit not-for-profit, affordable, SENIOR HOUSING complex in Redwood City. This is a full-time position from 8 am -- 5 pm, Monday -- Friday. Annual salary is $60,000 - $70,000 (depending on experience) PLUS a bonus up to 15%. This position includes an onsite 2-bedroom apartment.
The Apartment Manager is accountable for all of the activities that occur on site, including primary supervision of office, maintenance, and occupancy staff. The Apartment Manager oversees the financial, and general management of 136 units of Senior Housing.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourage all interested persons to respond. Interviews are arranged by appointment only.
We are accredited by The Institute of Real Estate Management of the National Association of Realtors(R), having met that organization's standards of excellence in education, experience, integrity and fiscal stability. We have been a consulting, marketing, and management company since 1979. Over the last 25 years, we have focused our services in the affordable senior housing industry. There are few companies in our industry that have this kind of longevity and quality in providing services to seniors.
We are dedicated to integrity, accountability, teamwork, sincerity, communication, planning and positive professional management. We work as a team valuing and respecting our differences, building on our strengths, and compensating for our weaknesses. We honor and respect each person's gifts, feelings and contributions. Communication, active listening, and admiration will help us reach our common goals and preserve our sense of being part of an extended family.
Our on-site associates are the keys to our success. Every day they earn our respect, appreciation and empathy. We will endeavor to encourage our associates to grow, explore, and share new concepts and opportunities that will inspire them to grow with us as a member of our extended family. Our associates are cherished individuals whom merit our encouragement, training, understanding, nurturing, and dignity.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Directly supervises all office staff, as well as the Maintenance Supervisor and Occupancy Specialist
- Directly supervises the daily activities of the Life Enrichment Director, and the onsite Service Coordinator in conjunction with the Corporate Director of Resident Services
- Indirectly assists in the supervision of all site staff
- Maintains site compliance with our Employee Handbook and all HR Policies and Procedures
- Coordinates staff evaluations and staff development
- Maintains confidential employee files
- Works with staff to identify training needs
- Reviews and approves ADP Time and Attendance timesheets and requests for time off on a daily basis for all assigned staff, and makes corrections to staff timesheets and ensures accuracy, approved by employee for submittal to Corporate HR on a timely basis
- Reviews all invoices
- Reviews and submits monthly rent roll, Move-In worksheets, and Closing Statements for accuracy
- Works with the Asset Manager to produce the Annual Property Budget, and implements that budget throughout the fiscal year
- Completes local oriented banking
- Collects rents and makes daily rent deposits electronically
- Directly supervises the Occupancy Specialist in her/his duties as outlined in the BAMC Occupancy Manual
- Assists in the Annual Recertification process, including preparation, interviews, verifications, follow-up, and reviews all 50059’s for accuracy
- Assists with monthly HUD billing, reviewing all M/I, M/O, transfers, etc.
- Nurtures and supports a respectful, pleasant relationship between site staff and residents
- Ensures that all resident complaints are received, reviewed, investigated and resolved (if possible), and that there is adequate follow-up with the resident
- Holds residents accountable to all lease, house rules and related requirements, taking appropriate action, when necessary
- Coordinates the site portion of any eviction process, working closely with and under the direction of the Asset Manager
- Addresses marketing needs and curb appeal
- Ensures appropriately qualified residents are moving in to the site by overseeing an accurate and complete qualification process
- Advertises for vacant units, when appropriate, and meets with all residents during the move-in period
- Guarantees that all Fair Housing rules and regulations are being followed at all times
- Supervises the Maintenance Supervisor
- Takes a weekly walk of the property with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains familiarity with all building systems such as plumbing, electrical, security, etc.
- Oversees Maintenance Supervisor in the following areas:
- Supervision of maintenance staff
- Development and Implementation of Preventive Maintenance Schedules
- Unit turnovers
- Work order system
- Maintenance, Landscaping, and Janitorial schedules
- Ongoing repair projects
- Ensures that the inventory and replacement of maintenance, plumbing, and custodial supplies is sufficient and current at all times
- In collaboration with the Asset Manager, coordinates contract process including scope of work, bidders, selection, approval, and contract
- Monitors work progress and inspections, as well as payment schedule
- Walk the property regularly, on and off sidewalks
- Bend and lift 20 pounds
- Works collaboratively with local law enforcement on issues that impact the residents or property
- Implements an Energy Conservation Program
- Responds to emergencies at times beyond regular working hours
- Shares on-call duties with on-site staff members, being available within 20 min.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Current CA Real Estate License a plus!!
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess a current California Driver’s License
- Speak, read, and write in English and follow oral and written instructions
- Strong human relations, management, problem solving, and supervision skills
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in subsidized property management as an Apartment Manager
- Minimum 3 years as an Apartment Manager of a subsidized housing site required
- Experience with a senior site is required