Assistant General Manager
Pinnacle Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
About this job
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the management of all on site operations and achieving property financial and operational objectives as defined by management. Duties include ensuring all traffic, prospect, leasing, renewal and revenue data is accurate, producing daily, weekly and monthly activity and operating reports, and correctly maintaining resident files. The position also works closely with the General Manager and other managers to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with all local, state and federal employment, housing, safety, landlord/tenant and real estate laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with the General Manager and other members of the property team to maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters. This includes ensuring financial information and various analyses (ongoing revenue and expense items) are materially correct.
- Work with office staff and collection agencies to manage collections. Oversee that all revenue data is posted correctly on all applicable management software. Oversee the billing of all additional rental income.
- Take service requests from residents and work with maintenance team to ensure adherence to customer service standards. Work with on-site staff so that resident issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow through is complete. Always place resident needs and requests as a number-one priority and follow up with the resident to assure satisfaction.
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure operational standards and procedures are established, implemented and monitored.
- Assist Resident Life Director with scheduling, organizing and hosting resident functions.
- As required, show and lease apartments; as well as inspect units, common areas and property to insure adherence to property standards.
- Maintain awareness of customer acceptance and satisfaction.
- Support internal policies, even when facing adversities.
- Work with legal counsel and local officials to perform evictions as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and local market conditions.
- Compile data for special and periodic reports as requested.
- With General Manager, train and develop on-site team members according to company policy and procedures.
- With General Manager and team, schedule turn keys and ensure apartment units are available for scheduled move-ins.
- With General Manager, ensure adherence to Company and state safety standards, policies and procedures. Work with property manager to ensure that all safety inspections are completed as required and comply with Company key control policies.