Maintenance Technician I
Lytton Gardens Senior Community Palo Alto, CA 94301
About this job
The Maintenance Technician I ensures the effective overall maintenance, operation and safety of the facility. Assists in the maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds at our senior affordable housing communities at Lytton Gardens in Palo Alto, CA.
*Full-time day shift (apply on the direct link below) .
*Temporary day shift also available - please note in cover letter when you apply online.
- Uses basic hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws and hand drills, and basic electrical inspection and electrical test equipment and tools.
- Assists in performing minor electrical repairs to systems including, but not limited to, ballasts, switches, plugs and connectors, lamps, and receptacles.
- Performs painting on interior and exterior walls, doors, ceilings, beams, carport areas, fences, etc.
- Refinishes furniture, as required.
- Repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and sets up heavy equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
- Assists in performing general plumbing repairs including, but not limited to, sinks and basins, water closets and urinals, faucets and valves of various types, pumps, hot water heaters and garbage disposals.
- Assists in conducting routine checks as scheduled, and maintains log books as required.
- Observes conditions of facility and reports any problems noted to Maintenance supervisor or Director of Facility Services.
- Assists in performing minor carpentry work.
- Assists in maintenance and repair of all facility equipment which includes all laundry, food service and nursing equipment.
- Assists in moving residents as needed.
- Performs pool, spa, and fountain maintenance tasks such as cleaning, replacing pool filters, monitoring and ensuring correct chemical levels and water temperature.
- Assists with janitorial work as necessary including mopping and extracting of water, etc.
- The employee shall work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with staff and colleagues and supervisors.
- Participates in Facility Emergency Plan training and fire drills; and if an emergency or disaster occurs, immediately assumes the pre-assigned emergency duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Ability to learn and retain basic skills of the trade.
- Ability to learn to read diagrams, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade or vocational school training preferred.
Episcopal Senior Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer