Sausalito, CA 94965
IEC is a vertically-integrated real estate investment firm specializing in value-add, multifamily in the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles markets. We focus on adding value through opportunistic investing, strategic repositioning and property management. Our property management company, IEC Property Services Corporation, strives to offer excellent customer service and care to residents while achieving property business plans. Founded in 1981, IEC has an exceptional 36 year track record and is rapidly acquiring new communities, offering growth opportunities to great team members.
IEC is looking for an energetic, skilled Community Manager to oversee an apartment complex in Sausalito, CA on a part time basis (24 hours per week). Community Managers are responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day activities of the property, including maintenance staff and vendors, to ensure that goals and objectives of the property are accomplished.
OPTION TO LIVE ON-SITE WITH A 33% RENT DISCOUNT ON 1BD APARTMENT!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market and lease available apartments using honed leasing skills, in full compliance of fair housing laws
- Pre-lease units and maintain a working waitlist of prospective residents
- Provide a high level of customer service and connect with residents
- Collect and deposit rent, late fees, and deposits using Yardi software
- Market available units daily on Craigslist and other approved marketing sites
- Screen and qualify prospective residents
- Prepare vacant units for rental, including renovation oversight
- Enter traffic, applications, leases, notices, work orders, etc. into Yardi Voyager each business day
- Provide status and suggested strategies to Regional Manager to ensure good communication and smooth property operations
- Maintain organized, comprehensive unit files including leases, communications, work orders, etc.
- Bid and negotiate service contracts, procuring all necessary building supplies, managing maintenance staff, and vendor relationships
- Ensure completion of maintenance and ordinary repairs. Oversee general cleaning of the building and grounds
- Manage property expenditures in accordance with budget
- Respond to all resident requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner
- Serve as the employer's representative to enforce rules governing the premises and report unusual resident problems or behavior to the immediate supervisor
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of three years of multi-family property management experience and one year management experience
- Working knowledge of property management, California and local laws
- Experience working during renovations and working with contractors
- Strong Microsoft Office and property management software skills. Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to empathize with residents and staff, while still enforcing community rules and policies
- Must work well with others
- Strong communication ability, both verbally and in writing. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from residents, vendors, government officials, and the general public
- A high school diploma or equivalent. College degree a plus
- Valid driver's license
Compensation: Salary Range $22-25/hr. DOE
Job Type: Part-time