Boston, MA 02108
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Concierge is the face of our community, bringing people together and connecting people to their apartment homes. By exemplifying professionalism and superior customer service skills, the Concierge provides each person who walks into the community with a sense of Equity Residential’s brand promise, “How Home Should Feel.” The Concierge plays a vital role in helping the company establish customer loyalty, leading to resident engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
As a Concierge, you will be responsible for providing superior customer service to our residents, allowing us to deliver on our resident commitments of exceptional move-in, total satisfaction, express service, and personal attention. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. A Concierge brings positive energy to each conversation, resolves any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and makes everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Caring. You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and create synergistic relationships with team members and residents.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Deliver an exceptional experience to every person, beginning with an unmatched first impression and building rapport with teammates, visitors, and current residents.
- Maintain and uphold a high standard for community curb appeal by conducting routine inspections of all community amenities and common areas, and working with the appropriate team members or contracted employees to ensure that all areas are maintained to Equity Residential’s standards. Coordinate maintenance of office and amenity equipment including copiers, printers, resident business centers, fitness equipment, and resident lounge amenities.
- Handle transactions like managing vendors and deliveries, accepting and logging packages, and inspecting move-ins and move-outs. You will also provide leasing assistance to property leasing staff by making initial contact with future residents, setting appointments, assisting with key pick-ups, and any other tasks related to the move-in and move-out process.
- Act as a liaison between residents and service team members regarding both routine and emergency maintenance requests and provide assistance in the follow-up process after work is completed on routine requests. Immediately contact emergency maintenance personnel if an emergency maintenance situation develops.
- Collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any apartment issues that arise.
- Plan fun activities that help build a strong sense of belonging among residents.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- One year customer service and/or administrative experience in a professional environment
- College degree or coursework
- Prior experience in front desk support (hotel concierge, office or medical receptionist, etc); experience with leasing, sales or hospitality a plus
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan