Essex Property Trust, Inc. San Mateo, CA 94401
About this job
We are seeking a talented individual to take on a Project Coordinator role with knowledge and management experience in renovation to oversee various aspects of apartment interior and exterior renovation projects. The role will direct renovation efforts on multiple properties by managing on site contractors/vendors, scheduling with the property/operations, interacting with city officials/inspectors, reporting status, and communicating with supervisors. Responsibilities include:
- Leads on-site activities and conducts project meetings with subcontractors and superintendent at frequent intervals to discuss problems, progress, and scheduling of work.
- Manages any concerns, questions, or issues resulting from renovation work and acts in a timely manner to address such requests and resolve all issues
- Provides weekly status updates of work and maintains high level of communication with Division Manager and Project Manager.
- Working together with Project Manager, manages vendors, contractors and sub-contractors to assure timely renovation execution and quality of work on unit turns, amenity upgrades, and various other rev gen projects. Monitors contractor’s work to assure all work follows plan, contract, scope of work, etc.
- Manages and executes any assigned renovation projects. Responsible for all schedule and budget/cost tracking associated with those projects.
- Manage and look to grow renovation vendor database
- As necessary, discusses project with city inspectors and city officials to ensure renovation’s meet city and local code standards.
- Complies with company standards as defined in the Policies and Procedure Manual and applicable laws, e.g. Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, OSHA, and EEOC.
- Provides professional service and high level of communication at all times, exercising discretion as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information.
- Possesses thorough understanding of property management software systems utilized at the property level and ensure accuracy of database (including File Maker, resident activity, resident ledgers, vendor information, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year industry experience or 2 years direct sales and marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of business correspondence.
- Strong sales, marketing and/or customer service experience.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Yardi preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to multiple sites required.
The candidate must be able to work independently and have great interpersonal and communication skills; possess strong project scheduling skills; familiar with construction; and some working knowledge with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook (use iPhone)