Business Analyst - Operations
San Francisco, CA 94107
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
As a member of the regional operations team consisting of the Senior Vice President, Vice President Property Management (VPPM), Regional Managers, and Facilities Manager/Director, the Financial Services Manager is responsible for all analysis and forecasting, financial review documentation for S-Ox requirements, and special projects for the apartment communities within a VPPM’s portfolio. The Business Analyst - Operations will collaborate with the regional team and act as the financial partner to the VPPM. This role is based in Northern CA and supports a portfolio consisting of over 50 apartment communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box to come up with smart solutions to new challenges, and you embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others. You get to the point quickly and succinctly; can make complicated concepts and data clear to others.
- An Exceptional Listener. Even under stressful situations you display a keen sense of what to say and when to say it.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Energetic and Positive. You are an outgoing, gregarious brand ambassador who motivates and excites others to elevate their performance.
- Judgement. Consistently gathers all necessary data and arrives at high quality decisions and recommendations with an eye on impact.
- Comfort Around Higher Management. You can present information clearly and concisely while building trust and rapport with executives. You understand executive language and thinking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in monthly operational review meetings to evaluate performance, implement new guidelines, and identify and support corrective actions. Document monthly operational review meeting to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Perform field compliance research as determined by the VPPM. Assist the property management team in evaluating on-site administrative personnel in policy and procedures compliance.
- Coordinate central department data to complete all annual budgets associated with assigned portfolio.
- Assist the regional property management team on new acquisitions, including determining hardware needs, preparing and reviewing operations proformas and completing the initial cold loads. Ensure a smooth transition for newly acquired communities during the acquisition process.
- Assist with special projects as needed, determined by AVP, Financial Services.
- Resolve problems and research opportunities for properties as identified by the VPPM and coordinate with Regional Managers to assist in corrective behavior and results.
- Utilize Equity Residential systems (MRI, OP’s, EIS, Essbase, etc.) and act as a subject matter expert, assisting support corporate users on all systems.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Perform additional analysis, special projects and other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 1-2 years related experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be able to supervise, organize, prioritize workload and work on numerous projects/tasks at one time.
- Proficient with (on-line) automated accounting systems, Excel, Essbase and Google.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. Employees are eligible for a 40% housing rent discount.
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Full-time
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan