Oakland, CA 94601
Looking for a promotion? Do you have experience with 100+ apartment unit building and have good references? WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
Oak Center Towers is a high-rise residential building in Oakland, CA for low-income seniors. This is a leadership position to oversee the performance of the building systems and manage 4 direct reports and manage building projects of $2M.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of technical and mechanical performance of the central plant and building systems and the production of the department staff. This includes knowledge of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, cold storage, and fire alarm systems.
NOTE: This position is "Full Time" Temporary with the possibility of converting to Regular, Full-Time status. For this Temporary position, Covia works with our preferred staffing agencies for temporary payrolling services.
- The Maintenance Manager tracks and monitors resident and staff work order requests and insures timely completion of routine and project related work orders, and appropriate follow-up communications.
- Directly supervises the daily activities of each Maintenance staff person for accuracy, efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Codes invoices and manages facilities budget
- Tracks and monitors resident and staff work order requests and project related work orders
- Supervises Maintenance staff on safety procedures, equipment use and department policies
- Completes purchase order requisitions and Utilizes Worxhub system for inventory Information, preventative maintenance controls
- Participates in financial performance improvement, including external contracting, staff deployment, and energy management opportunities, to ensure the best use of financial resources.
- Word, Excel and preventative Maintenance Programs
- Project planning and implementation skills
- Ability to relate and work with the disabled, ill, elderly people within the facility
- Interact and establish relationships with residents, staff and management at all levels
- Push, pull, and move equipment and materials, including lifting 50 pounds
- Position may require working evening, night, and/or weekend hours
- Must pass physical examination, TB test and background / live scan check
- Project planning and implementation skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience with 100+ residential apartment unit building
- Graduate of College or Technical School equivalent related to mechanical, HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment maintenance and repair, or equivalent 3 to 5 years of experience
- 3 years supervisory/management level experience