Hayward, CA 94541
Start the New Year with a New Career!
Felson Companies, Inc. is a privately owned property management firm (www.felson.com) with over 1,300 market rate apartment units under management. Founded in 1948, Felson Companies has a strong track record of managing apartments in San Francisco's East Bay. Our company strives to offer a top quality product to our residents while creating a nurturing and rewarding environment for our employees. We are currently looking for a Leasing Associate to join our growing team!
What role will you play?
The Leasing Associate is the first point of contact at our apartment communities. You will greet prospective residents and guide them through the apartment rental process from start to finish; from answering preliminary questions about our apartment communities, to touring prospects, to overcoming objections and challenges, to signing leases, and ultimately moving residents in. Once residents are living at the community you will continue to communicate with residents by answering questions, following up on maintenance requests, and ensuring that the resident is having a positive rental experience with us. The Leasing Associate position is best suited for those with strong customer service and sales skills coupled with infectious personalities. In addition, you must be organized, creative, and have solid math skills. If you enjoy interacting with people on a constant basis and working in a team environment, you will love this job.
- Provide marketing support by generating leasing traffic, securing appointments, touring prospective residents, overcoming objections, closing transactions, verifying applications, and moving residents in.
- Accurately complete all leasing materials such as guest cards (on all prospects), leases, and resident paperwork.
- Offer extraordinary customer service to ensure that residents and prospective residents have a satisfactory experience at the community.
- Assist in coordinating communication of information regarding activities conducted at the community through the use of memos, written reports, and direct communication.
- Acquaint residents with leasing documentation, community rules and policies, emergency procedures, and apartment features.
- Complete periodic market surveys of competing apartment communities.
- Lead the social media efforts of the apartment community.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service related role. Multi-family or commercial property management experience is a plus.
- High School diploma, college preferred.
- Outgoing personality with strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Ability to write coherently in English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Desired Skills and Abilities
This positions scheduled work week is Tuesday - Saturday; 9 am to 6 pm
Starting from $18 per hour - depending upon experience, plus quarterly incentives.